Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Painting and painting…

We painted our little hearts out for a week. Ok, more like three nights and a Saturday, but who’s counting? ;) I’m so glad the bulk of painting is over!

The kids each got to pick out their room colors, we did the master bedroom, and then did the rest of the house white. Plus I painted the trim white everywhere too. The house had this weird tan color all over the place and I had to get that out!

I’d like to paint one wall in the living room, and one in the dining room, but I’m still deciding on the perfect color. It will be an aqua type color but I want to get more stuff in the room before I pick it out. That will be a quick weekend paint job, but for the rest of the rooms we wanted to do those prior to moving in.

Here’s a quick peek at the paint jobs! Now after this I get to decorate these rooms, of course with kid approval. ;)

Gwynie’s Room

Her room also had this icky tan that I did not love. She choose Glidden Spring Green for her room and while it’s a bright green I’m sure it will look great with her bedspread.

108086459777521757_9yOEl0UQ_b

Before and After

Gwynie Room

 

DSC_0509DSC_0508

DSC_0548DSC_0549

 

DSC_0550

 

Brady’s Room

His room was all white which made it super easy to cover. He LOVES blue, and choose a color from Better Homes and Gardens called Wonder Blue.

 

108086459777521770_PsdU1eHl_b

Brady Room

 

DSC_0513DSC_0510

DSC_0543DSC_0541

 

DSC_0588

 

I know these colors may be a bit outrageous for some, but I love being able to let my kids pick out something they love and see the joy on their little faces when they see their rooms.

Overall the kids are really excited with their paint colors and their rooms. Like I said, decorating now will be fun, but Gwynie has already been very vocal about what she likes and doesn’t like, so I’m sure this will be an experience to see where these rooms take us! ;)

1 comment:

Della said...

Love the colors! I think it's important to let kids choose. After all, they are the one's who will be in there the most. they should enjoy it :)

Also...those are pretty tropical colors!