Saturday, June 30, 2012

Starting to move in…

We’ve got all our furniture here (thanks to some awesome friends!), have set up a few things, like the internet and tv, and are feeling soooo comfortable in our new house!

I still have all of July to clean out our old house and will appreciate that time. In the meantime, I’m slowly working on unpacking everything in our new house.

You see, as Jake and I made the decision to move I knew that I wanted to redecorate in our new house. And not just in one room, but our whole house. Yes, every room in our whole house...

Why? Because I guess you could say we all have grown up/older (including the kids) and have changed. So I want our house, rooms, style and design to evolve and change right along with us. Make sense? Also, I want to go with that saying “out with the old and in with the new.” :)

My “new” ideal rooms need to have lots of light, be comfortable, clean looking and modern yet still retain the “we live in this room” feel.

I’m trying to reuse anything I can from old decorations, and repurpose things with fresh coats of spray paint, etc. I’m also trying to limit what makes it’s way back into the house so am unpacking a bit more slowly. I’m so over clutter and am being selective on what items go where. I’m itching to get all my crafty stuff out but that may have to wait a bit longer until more of the main living areas are unpacked. ;)

I’m really excited to start this process, and have a quick share of some pretties I picked up at Tai Pan yesterday, especially since I love a good picture with a post. These will all go in my kitchen…now to put things together!

DSC_0592

Off to try unpacking some more!

No comments: