Monday, June 18, 2012

Party! – A Scrapbook Layout

In just a few short days my baby girl will be a teenager…yikes! Nothing like scrapping party pics from two years ago to make me feel like she’s growing up too fast! ;)

Just a note – I took these late at night so the photo quality isn’t too great and I cropped in further to hide some of that, but you get the idea. :) Also yes, we’re still in the process of moving and most of my stuff is packed, but I can always make some time for scrapping with a few things I kept out. ;)

Party 1

Party!

The story: For Gwynie’s 11th birthday we rented a spot at the local outdoor pool and invited several of her friends for a day of swimming, sun and food!

The layout: The page was inspired by the Scrapfit Sketch #69 (below). I wanted bright and happy colors to convey the environment and overall feel of the party. Plus it matched her cake. ;) The papers and stickers are all from an SU! kit I got years ago called Sunny Day.

Tip to note: I “sloppy” stamped the scallop shapes in white ink. I say sloppy because I wanted a look that wasn’t uniform, but all messy and fun. So I overlapped and didn’t fully press down all the way when I stamped. I kinda like it.

SFIT-sketch-060112

 

Party 2

Party (page two)

The story: The girls were always in the water! Which, I guess is the point of a pool party, ha. ;)They were good about posing for me to get a group shot.

The layout: For the second layout of the same event I wanted to convey the pool and water feel in those photos. This layout uses an item I don't normally use, and was inspired by the Scrapfit Warm-up #28, Stickers! Ack stickers! I think I ended up giving my kids the majority of my antique (read reallllly old) sticker stash years ago. However, I still like the stickers I got with the Stampin’ Up! kit I mentioned about. They’re thicker than normal stickers and coordinate well with the kit. For the doily in the background, I placed a doily on the cardstock and then misted directly over it. I pulled it off and then let the cardstock dry. I love what misting can do for your page!

Tip to note: To dress up my stickers a bit I used staples to give some definition and texture. Another thing you could do is add other embellishments like ribbon, brads, beads, etc. to get a new look.

2 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Two bright and beautiful LO's!! Love the "sloppy" stamped background too and the misted doily mask on your second LO!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Missy Whidden said...

What beautiful pages!! I'm so glad you worked out with us at ScrapFIT!