Monday, May 14, 2012

Ski Day – A Scrapbook Layout

I’m super lucky to have a husband that humors my obsession to take pictures all the time and will tote the camera to places or events I won’t be at. Thankful to have a guy that will take pics for me to scrapbook!

The story: Our company gets season passes to local ski resorts and we love being able to take advantage of this great perk by signing up for certain days. Jake took Gwynie to the The Canyons for a daddy-daughter ski date and they had a blast hitting the slopes! (Again, thanks for the pics babe!)

The layout: I dug into more of my Crate Paper pack to play with the snowy elements contained in the collection. A purple layer of cardstock as the base holds it all together. I love the details I can add in from the coordinating sticker and die-cut sheets. I layered an extra snowflake on top of the blue snowflake and then added buttons and gemstones over top for a fun detail.

Tip to Note: I didn’t have any purple bling in my stash, so I used the trick of coloring a clear gemstone with a Copic marker. Even if your Copic collection is pretty small like mine you will probably have a color that will complement your layout. Try it out, you’ll be surprised at how versatile you can make your bling! One other fun tip, try putting your title on the side, it adds a whole new perspective!

Only a few more snow day outings to scrapbook, ha!

No comments: