Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ski Bums – A Scrapbook Layout

I love using sketches as a starting point for my scrapbook layouts and loved this one by Diana Fisher that she designed for The Paper Variety.

The story: I shared Gwynie and Jake’s ski date layout last week, but we also went as a family for a day of boarding at The Canyons. It was a gorgeous day, and although I didn’t get pictures on the mountain (I’m not talented enough to be on a snow board and trust myself with my camera!), we snapped these quickly on the lift. This is for Gwynie’s album so I still have to do Brady’s layout.

The layout: I used an older Cosmo Cricket pack and loved mixing up these patterned papers for a fun collage-y look. The snowflakes were cut out on my Big Shot with Sizzix dies. I used white felt thickers for the title to convey and mimic snow.

Tip to Note: The ribbon is actually from a “boy” package but the colors paired well enough that I used it on this very pink layout. Although some products can be specific to a gender you can always play with colors and switch things up!

Ski Bums

Here’s the sketch!

TPV_May2012

PS – One week from today we’ll be headed on vacation to Florida! I’m ready to soak up some sun, see my family and I’m dying for my very first cruise! Hoping that after all these snowy layouts in the summer I’ll be happily scrapping tropical layouts in the winter. ;)

2 comments:

Caroli said...

Love the bright colors and cute pics, great take of the sketch!
Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Variety :)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome layout! The papers are perfect for those fun pics too. So glad you could join us at The Paper Variety!