Friday, May 11, 2012

Setting a Guinness World Record – A Scrapbook Layout

I love scrapbooking for the stories I can tell, and the memories I preserve for us to share later and recall the fun details. That is one of the many reasons I scrapbook, and I’m grateful to have a hobby that is as fun as it is rewarding! The layouts below hold a fun story and I’m thrilled my kids can now remember the day we helped set a Guinness World Record!

The story: My company held an event to set a Guinness World Record by building at least 1,000 snowmen in one hour. We had certain criteria like they all had to have a carrot nose and eyes, had to be at least four feet tall, and have at least three recognizable globes for the body. We accomplished our goal, and beat the number by building 1,279 snowmen! Even better we donated money for every snowman built to the Youth Making a Difference group!

The layouts: To keep with the theme of snowmen I used two different collections (Crate Paper and My Minds Eye) for Brady and Gwynie’s layouts. The blue patterned paper felt a little too busy compared to the pink once I laid everything out. To help with the busyness I cut larger pieces of the patterned paper and layered those over cardstock. Not only do I have leftovers for a later page, but your focus is on the pictures and then accented by the cute paper.

Tip to note: Don’t be afraid to dress up those plain paper die-cut sheets from your patterned paper collections! My snowmen and snowflakes were dressed up with color coordinating buttons that give them dimension and bring them to life. For Brady’s page (the blue one) I used the cut off part of the Top-Note Die to give my snowmen a mound of snow to stand on.

It’s funny to me that I’m sharing snowy pictures in Spring, but sometimes the inspiration strikes and you have to go with it! :)

No comments: