Friday, May 18, 2012

Cheer – A Scrapbook Layout

Gwynie moved on from dance and cheer classes to softball and the batting cages. I will admit it was a little hard for me to watch my sweet girl trade in her ballet shoes for cleats and her pom poms for a bat and mitt; however, she loves softball and I’m proud watching her compete and seeing her thrive in something she’s passionate about.

The story: Although my girl may never take a dance class again as she favors sports, I still have the pictures to prove she did cheer, hip hop and tumbling classes once upon a time. ;)  I finally scrapped some of those pictures this past week. One of my favorite scrapping sites Soul Scrappers had a sketch challenge that worked perfectly for me to crop these pictures of a cheer recital. I was hesitant to cut them at first, but was excited with the results to have just her as the focus of these pictures.

The layout: Taking the sketch (below) I cut the photos and two pieces of cardstock to 2.5 inch squares. I skipped the journaling across the top, but still stuck with the rest of the sketch.

Tip to Note: The background patterned paper was already printed with the paint splatters, but you could always add more if you wanted. You could use watered down paints and flick it on, or even use spray mists. It’s such a fun look and easy to change up the look of your basic patterned paper.

SC51

I still have a few more pictures of her dance recitals to get to, maybe this will motivate me to finish those off!

No comments: