Saturday, May 5, 2012

ANTM – A Scrapbook Layout

I mentioned that I played with my crafty supplies to create a layout once my studio was a bit more organized. In honor of National Scrapbook Day I felt it was a great time to share this!

The story: I had made an appointment to take Gwynie to Nordstrom’s to get her make-up done at the MAC counter for her 12th birthday. I had the whole day planned with make-up, lunch and then pedicures for the two of us. It was a great day spending time together and was perfect for my “tween.” After I posted some of pictures to Facebook a few friends commented that she was “America’s Next Top Model” material. ;) That title stuck in my head and had to become part of the layout!

The layouts: I pulled inspiration for the colors from her shirt and the make-up she had done that day which was a pretty purple. The black, white and silver tied in from the photos to make a cohesive look. To get that full and lengthy title to fit on my page I played around with the different Thickers I had in my stash. For really long words it seems obvious, but use smaller letters, and for those small words like “top” you can use a thicker or bigger letter set to balance the title out. I incorporated some spray mists and stamping on my pages for a fun and grungy look. At this age and stage in her life it seems like this is the perfect look.  The stamps are from the Grunge I and II sets by Skipping Stones Design. To mimic the film strip I used a punch to create the strips along the pictures, and also added in some trendy chevron stamping and washi tape in the wood grain.

Tip to note: For this second page I added my journaling, but also wanted to add in the receipt from our purchase that day. In order to save the receipt without it taking up a lot of space on my page, I wrapped it around tag, and then tucked the tag into a mini glassine bag.

 

My girl will be 13 in two months, can I tell you how crazy that is?! We’ll be in Florida for two weeks before her birthday, but I wonder what she will expect this year. ;)

No comments: